- Some claim that science has done more harm than good. What do you think?
- Humanity is faced with many challenges and problems. Which of these are due to human behavior, and which are external to human actions?
- If you were a research psychologist, what phenomena or behaviors would most interest you?
- Will psychological scientists be able to help with the current challenges humanity faces, such as global warming, war, inequality, and mental illness?
- What can science study and what is outside the realm of science? What questions are impossible for scientists to study?
- Some claim that science will replace religion by providing sound knowledge instead of myths to explain the world. They claim that science is a much more reliable source of solutions to problems such as disease than is religion. What do you think? Will science replace religion, and should it?
- Are there human behaviors that should not be studied? Are some things so sacred or dangerous that we should not study them?