This chapter is a major preparation for objects that rotate during dynamics class. We will cover cg, inertia, composite shapes, and rotating about axes other than the centre of mass (cm) using the parallel axis theorem. Here are the sections in this Chapter:
- 7.1 Center of Mass: Single Objects – How to find the cm of a single object
- 7.2 Center of Mass: Composite Shapes – Finding the cm for multiple objects or complex objects
- 7.3 Types of Inertia – Wait – there’s more than one type of inertia!
- 7.4 Mass Moment of Inertia – How to calculate the mass moment of inertia for rotational motion for single objects
- 7.5 Inertia Intro: Parallel Axis Theorem – Calculating the inertia for single objects rotating about a different axis or for composite problem
- 7.6 Examples – Examples from your peers
Here are the important equations for this chapter: